January 30, 2012
The journal Social Science & Medicine recently published a (part) Special Issue on the Right to Health. All the articles in this issue are freely available.
Sights for health rights: Local, national, regional and global, Volume 74, Issue 1, Pages 1-102 (January 2012)
1) Sights for health rights: Local, national, regional and global
Maria Stuttaford, John Harrington, Gillian Lewando-Hundt
2) Globalisation and health inequalities: Can a human rights paradigm create space for civil society action?
Leslie London, Helen Schneider
3) Re-interpreting the citizen consumer: Alternative consumer activism and the rights to health and development
4) Cross-border mobility of health professionals: Contesting patients’ right to health
Evgeniya Vadimovna Plotnikova
5) Mind the gap: Access to ARV medication, rights and the politics of scale in South Africa
Peris Sean Jones
6) The provision of accessible, acceptable health care in rural remote areas and the right to health: Bedouin in the North East region of Jordan
Gillian Lewando Hundt, Salah Alzaroo, Fadia Hasna, Mohammed Alsmeiran
7) Rights-based approaches to addressing food poverty and food insecurity in Ireland and UK
Elizabeth A. Dowler, Deirdre O’Connor