Mission & Vision
The mission of IFHHRO | Medical Human Rights Network is to mobilize health workers for the worldwide progressive realization of health-related human rights. Our vision is the full enjoyment of health-related human rights by everyone at all times.
IFHHRO supports the mobilization of health professionals for human rights through: 1) advocacy on social media, and 2) information, education and communication activities.
We facilitate the sharing of experiences and human rights concerns of health professionals to advance mutual support. Specific projects on the promotion of health-related human rights are focused on the role of health professionals.
- Facilitating information and communication exchanges between health professionals through social media
- Offering mutual support and exposure of threats to health professionals who are working on human rights
- Providing online training and education
- Developing position statements
- Conducting projects on the implementation of the right to health
IFHHRO (previously known as the International Federation of Health and Human Rights Organisations) started in 1989 as an informal network of health and human rights organizations.
Read more about our history
IFHHRO is backed up by a small support foundation. Our international secretariat is based in the Netherlands.
Robert Simons, RN (Chair)
Adriaan van Es, MD (Secretary)
Peter de Haan, Euro.I.E. (Treasurer)
Maartje Goudswaard, MD
A.H.B.C. (Karin) Schepman, PT
Nel van Beelen, MSc (Communications)
Padma Deosthali, MSW
Jaime Miranda, MD, MSc
Prof. dr. Brigit Toebes, LL.M, PhD
Primrose Matambanadzo, MD
Gauri Deoras & Tara Ornstein