May 25, 2020
The International Journal of Human Rights in Healthcare has issued a call for papers on human rights in healthcare during COVID-19 and other pandemics. This special issue will be published early next year; the submission deadline for all papers is 1 September.
Topics that might be covered include (but are not limited to):
- Communication and media in the context of human rights and healthcare (e.g., media and privacy rights of patients, framing of COVID-19 in the media, and the right to health information).
- Vulnerable human rights during pandemics (e.g. freedom of expression, freedom from discrimination, freedom from arbitrary arrests, right against torture, cruel, and other inhuman treatment or punishment) and the scope of the health during state of health emergencies.
- Human rights-based state practices during pandemics.
- Civil society mobilization and activism for human rights during COVID-19 (e.g. practices of human rights organizations and watchdogs, experiences of volunteer civic organizations).
- Ethical issues in healthcare practice and research during COVID-19.